I want to welcome all of our new and continuing students to this year’s dance season at Alton Academy of Dance. Classes are scheduled to begin on Tuesday, September 4th. Our season will continue through the first week of June, with an end of the year performance at Ann Whitney-Olin Theater (Lewis & Clark Community College), concluding our season. We want to congratulate all of the beautiful dancers who performed in this year’s program “Let's Celebrate” celebrating our 5th anniversary I am so proud of all of you!!
Dress Code will be strongly enforced!!! All dancers will be required to wear a BLACK leotard and TAN tights with proper shoes to each class. BLACK “booty” shorts or BLACK skirt (optional) You can purchase anything you need through me!
1) Monthly tuition is due by the 1st class of each month, after 10 days there will be a $10 late fee applied to your ballance.
2) All dancers are expected to have their hair pulled back away from their face in a bun, braid, or ponytail for all dance classes. Please do not come to class with untidy hair!
3) No jewelry, please.
4) Monthly tuition will remain the same throughout the year, regardless of holidays or illnesses. Classes may be made up, and the number of weeks per month will offset one another.
5) First recital costume deposits will be due in September ($50- $120) with final balances ($50-$120) due in November. A recital newsletter will be posted the first week in September. Participation in the recital is optional.
6) Please no parents or siblings in the dance room while classes are in session. Parent watch weeks will be posted throughout the year.
7) If a student will be missing more than two consecutive lessons, please let us know by call or text to the studio (618-973-6812).
8) Students are expected to display respectful behavior to their teachers, fellow students, and studio property. Dance is a discipline as well as an art form, and students are expected to follow the discipline of the classroom.
9) Please put your name or initials in all dance shoes at the beginning of the season!
10) During the winter season, in case of inclement weather, please check our website (www.altonacademyofdance.org), Facebook (altonacademyofdance), or the studio answering machine (618-973-6812) for class cancelations. The decision to cancel classes is typically made by 3 p.m.
Finally, if you should ever have any suggestions as to how I might improve our studio, I am always open to new ideas. I am also happy to answer any questions you might have. I am looking forward to a successful year of dance, and I always enjoy watching the growth and progress of each individual student!
Alton Academy of Dance
5731 Godfrey Road
Godfrey, Il 62035